Sunday, April 26, 2015

New Balance 610 V2 Shoe Review




So these shoes are pretty good, but it depends where you are running. I like them, they are light, and very much minimalist style. The toe box is slightly smaller than the usual larger toe box, but still comfortable, and not narrow, more of a middle ground for the width.

I have run through several trails with these shoes, they are comfortable, and flexible, but it comes at a price. With the minimalist style, it does not leave much room for padding, something i need to get used to. i have mixed feeling on the styleI like that they weigh nothing, and that there isn't anything "slowing" you down, i feel fast in them, but i feel like my calfs get more easily sore, or maybe I need to stretch out my clafs better post run. I have run in them at blue hills, and fels reservation, both trails did fine. I do not know how well they would do for a longer  unless you are used to minimalist style and prefer that. I noticed good grip going down hill, confident steps, regardless of the speed.
      


I wore these at FIT challenge, and no issues with grip on walls or on the ropes ( I use the J hook technique)The drain ok, no fancy drainage system, but if you keep moving you will be fine (and if you are trying to save some money, these are a good alternative to the Reebok Thunder but they do not have the fancy drainage system)


I picked them these shoes up at the new balance factory outlet, I like shopping there the people are nice, and know more about shoes than I do (which is not all that hard btw) So these shoes are good solid shoes, and will do fine on the trails, but will probably hold onto the mud in an ocr, (or muddy trail) and I think I payed around $60 so these shoes are well worth the price, and will be tearing up blue hills and local parks through this year



Until next time
Keep training
Stephen

Update, after my last race (bouldr dash) these shoes did this 

No comments:

Post a Comment