Saturday, August 15, 2015

One pot curry tuna recipe

So a wile back when I first started this blog I said I would put in recipes and general ideas for healthy living through cooking because I am not that great at writing recipes. I posted my stuffed pepper recipe, a wile ago. It received some notation on twitter, now for my next one. This recipe is something I created a few years ago when I wanted a lazy meal, One pot, about 30 min, and easy cooking.






I start this off with boiling the rice first ( I used a cup of rice with 2 cups of water) after about10 min when the rice is mostly cooked I add yellow curry sauce (you can use a different sauce if you prefer soy sauce, or anything else that goes with whatever main protein source.) I chose to use tuna, (but to make this vegan you could use chick peas, or other legumes.) You could also use other fish, chicken, or turkey, just chop it up and throw it in, as long as it is already cooked (remember this is a quick meal) For this I use 2 cans of tuna, 5 oz sizes. And each meal is not complete without a vegetable, so for this one I usually use spinach, as I always have it in my freezer. So, after the sauce has been in the pot for about a min, I add the spinach.towards the end, by then most of the water s gone and it is only another min or two. Now bear in mind that the pictures that I posted here are backwards, but it still works. The difference I have noticed is that you need less of the sauce when put it in with the rice, if you put it in later the extra sauce to coat everything is negligible, but if the sauce is near the end, or you want to make the sauce last, or just do not have enough left in the jar.


So some other things to note, I used white rice due to time, that way I can make this is a pinch wile making breakfast before work and have lunch. This has happened more times than I can remember. If you want to take it up a notch you can use brown rice. Also, if you like you can add black beans (this forms a complete protein, another way of saying all the proteins that your body does not produce on it's own) even if you want to add meat to it, it helps make it more filling, and more nutrients. The way I make this, and with my appetite it makes for 2 servings, one meal for two or lunch for 2 days.




So I hope this helps point you in the right direction and keeping up a healthy life style, and realize that healthy meals can be quick, easy and inexpensive.

Until next time
Stay active
Stephen


No comments:

Post a Comment