Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Group effort (training, and racing w/ battle buddies)

I can not stress enough the importance of group workouts. To me it has made a world of difference! To have people that hold you accountable, rivalry that form so you push each other constantly. It is a great support, because when you are tired somebody else is catching a second (or third or fourth) wind, which can help push you more. Weather it is running or strength training. I joined up with my teammates (New England Spahtens and our facebook page is Here) at the beginning of the year, (lost some hours at work, but kept my goal in mind) and quickly became friends, we still meet every week, all are welcome, and every week we work our butts off and laugh really hard as well. I would not change this routine for anything. Along the way i have made more friends, and train with as many people as i can fit into my schedule! I will always join in on a group workout if i can work on my work schedule. Plus in a group you can help each other with forum, and brainstorming new ideas, and when you get to do body weight with other people it is awesome! I have found out that even when there are several people that are faster, and stronger you can still push them, as you push yourself. I naturally like to be competitive a little, and push myself to be better than i was before, and when you get a few people together that think like that, you will be making strides in your training, more than you may realize in fact (i never notice my improvements until somebody points it out, or i look way back) There is also a term used in my team (and elsewhere i am sure) called battle buddy, usually in reference to somebody that will run a race with you and help each other out. It is a rewarding thing, i love to go all out and go for time, but after that i will easily do a fun lap, and help people through the course, it is also an amazing experience, smiling and laughing all through the course!

They say if you want to go fast go alone, but if you want to go far go with a group. I could not agree more, except they also help with my speed.

Untill next time
Keep training
Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment