Friday, May 22, 2015

500 For the Fallen Relay

So ever since I started running more, I have realized how awesome runners are, this week was just another example, it is another in a line of charity events that I was pleased to take part in. 500 for the fallen is a relay benefiting the children of fallen soldiers. By now I have become used to running with a group of people, and with several flags. the leg me and my friends ran was from wellesley town hall to framingham center. We followed 135, and we got so many honks of the horn and a few questions. But the high lite of this 6.8 mile run though?, as we were driving, a random woman driving by, in her pt cruiser. As she passed, she yelled out the window what we were running for, we explained for the children of fallen soldiers education and help, she pulled up just ahead, handed us a 5 dollar donation, and then honked as she drove away. That moment to me, made the event, a passing inquisitive comment, and a thank you from her, as well as many others! So this is not the first time I  have been out raising money for a cause (I did both Carry the Fallen and Cupids Undie Run) and you get used to the weird reactions, and questions, but that is the point, as well as raising money we want to raise awareness as well, otherwise we have only done half the work! So I am Posting this Asap for a few reasons, one to help them raise awareness because they are still doing this, I believe somewhere in ct at 11am on 5/22/15. and that it is coming up on Veterans day weekend, and we should never forget the things our soldiers have done for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment