Sunday, November 16, 2014

Fenway Spartan Sprint 2014

This past weekend was the Fenway Spartan Sprint, this was my second race i did last year. I say this because, it lets me realize the growth i have made in a year, with the right friends, team, training buddies, and support group. Last year i think the race was longer, and my time was 1:0052.4. I was 3201 overall, 2372 in gender 484 in age group (bib #10544) i do not know the overall number of people, but i bet it was well over 10k when i finished around 1pm it was 9535 people. This year i stepped up to elite! it was a blast, placed 74 in elite, 66 in gender, and 21 in age group (bib# 7766) My only gripe about the race was that there were way more people walking in elite than should have been for a 2 mile race. I was also able to get in 5 laps, just a blast all around! i can feel the soreness from what i did, but I am happy that I was able accomplish my goal of 5 laps, and as always making new friends. i hope to keep making strides in my training, and this gives me such high hopes for the future, I wonder what next season will bring to me. All the cool new training devices, techniques, races, who knows, but that is what makes life so fun.

Until next time
Keep Training
Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment