Friday, November 21, 2014

Under Armour Cold Gear Infrafed Review



I bought these under armour tights and mock neck shirt for the Spartan Race Vermont Beast. I have had several chances to run in them and i am so happy that i did. They make running in the cold so much easier. I have discovered that the do great until you hit low 20's. They did wonderful for me in VT, and the weather in Vermont in September is not warm, the week before it was 18 degrees on top of a mountain 30 min away from killington. Killington was 55 degrees, i had to rool up my sleeves, it was just barley out of the max range for these guys, when i was under the trees they were great in direct sunlight a ittle warm. But my body does run a little high temp wise. On This past Saturday i ran the Fenway Spartan Sprint, and it was in the low 30's nothing like starting in the 7:15 wave and it is below freezing! this outfit works wonders! wile waiting i needed more layers, but when moving i was in a comfortable temperature, i did not notice the cold! I spent the whole day running around the stadium, my first wave was about around 7:25 am, through 5 laps, the final starting at about 2:30, and the only time i was cold was when i stopped moving. I also put a hat on for the later waves, and gloves. I joined The November Project for a run in Harvard Stadium, it was 22 degrees, and i had on a running Jacket, hast and gloves, my legs were slightly under temp, but if i had shorts on i would have been fine, i also had on wool socks (darn tough brand) boot cut so it covered the bottom of my legs. but for 30's and up these are perfect as is. anything lower and then they need another layer, but they are so close to the skin, they are not compression so they are looser, but still close enough that you can easily layer with these with ease. Bottom line if you want to run in the cold, real cold, these are highly useful, and you should buy them!




Click Here for tights

 Click here for Top

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know about this cold gear. I was checking for some winter workout tights and came to know about warm Carbon38 workout leggings that really looks best. Want to have a pair for my use and will soon order them.

    ReplyDelete